Ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and resources for integrative healthcare professionals
Last Updated: June 4, 2020
Latest Updates Include:
- National poll shows increase in self-care since COVID-19; Study shows childhood obesity worse; Trump pulls WHO funding; Populations in higher altitudes may be less vulnerable to COVID-19; and more news updates and statistics (pg. 2)
WHO resumes HCQ trial (pg. 2)
- CDC recommendations on preparing clinics, businesses, workplaces for reopening (pg. 3)
Home saliva testings kits available (pg. 4)
Several new tips, resources for practitioners and practice managers available (pg. 5)
The novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is impacting all communities and the situation is rapidly evolving. Healthcare practitioners are on the frontlines of combatting this pandemic.
COVID-19 can cause mild to severe illness, with the most severe illness occurring in older adults. Symptoms include fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath.
A pneumonia of unknown cause was detected in Wuhan, China and first reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) on December 31, 2019. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of international concern by the WHO on January 30.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to the respiratory disease spreading from person-to-person caused by COVID-19. The federal government is working closely with state and local government and public health partners to respond.
As concerns about the spread of coronavirus mount and efforts to contain it escalate, integrative practitioners should be aware of the latest advisories from public health agencies and credible organizations and be prepared to advise patients.
We at Integrative Practitioner are here to support all healthcare providers who are caring for patients and keeping medical facilities up and running. To that end, this page will serve as an ongoing source of:
- News updates and statistics
- Official guidelines and recommendations
- Practice management information
- Informative and educational resources
- Opportunities to engage and connect with other practitioners
We will be providing regular updates on this page as they are available. Check back regularly for new information.