Ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and resources for integrative healthcare professionals
Last Updated: September 22, 2020
Latest Updates Include:
- Study examines child immune response to COVID-19; Researchers validate clinical feasibility for COVID-19 testing; Rapid COVID-19 test shows improved sensitivity in latest research; COVID-19 susceptibility linked with substance abuse; Researchers predict COVID-19 will eventually become seasonal virus; Exercise may not help stress enough during COVID-19; and more news updates and statistics (pg. 2)
Vaccines currently being evaluated in clinical trials (pg. 2)
CDC recommendations on reopening clinics, businesses, workplaces (pg. 3)
FDA issues emergency authorization for two new antibody tests (pg. 4)
New articles, tips, resources for practitioners and practice managers available (pg. 5)
The novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to impact all communities and the situation is rapidly evolving. Healthcare practitioners are on the frontlines of combatting this pandemic.
COVID-19 can cause mild to severe illness, with the most severe illness occurring in older adults. Symptoms include fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath.
A pneumonia of unknown cause was detected in Wuhan, China and first reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) on December 31, 2019. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of international concern by the WHO on January 30.
As the world begins to reopen with new guidelines and restrictions, and concerns about spread and containment continue, integrative practitioners should be aware of the latest advisories from public health agencies and credible organizations and be prepared to advise patients.
We at Integrative Practitioner are here to support all healthcare providers who are caring for patients and keeping medical facilities up and running. To that end, this page will serve as an ongoing source of:
- News updates and statistics
- Official guidelines and recommendations
- Practice management information
- Informative and educational resources
- Opportunities to engage and connect with other practitioners
We will be providing regular updates on this page as they are available. Check back regularly for new information.