Ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and resources for integrative healthcare professionals
Last Updated: OCtober 7, 2021
Latest Updates Include:
- Studies suggest vegan diet boosts vaccine efficacy; Two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine highly effective for at least six months; Nasal microbiota could point to who develops COVID-19 symptoms; New research finds COVID-19 may trigger Guillain-Barré syndrome; and more news updates and statistics (pg. 2)
Latest signs and symptoms, testing, treatment, and prevention (pg. 3)
Managing a healthcare practice amid a pandemic (pg. 4)
Vaccine and treatment status tracking (pg. 5)
- New articles, tips, resources for practitioners and practice managers available (pg. 6)
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our daily lives, and healthcare practitioners remain on the frontlines working tirelessly to combat this global pandemic.
A pneumonia of unknown cause was detected in Wuhan, China and first reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) on December 31, 2019. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of international concern by the WHO on January 30.
As the situation continues to evolve, and the world adapts to a new normal with guidelines, restrictions, and continued concerns about variants, spread, and containment, integrative practitioners should be aware of the latest advisories from public health agencies and credible organizations and be prepared to advise patients or pivot their practices.
We at Integrative Practitioner are here to support all healthcare providers who are caring for patients and keeping medical facilities up and running. To that end, this page will serve as an ongoing source of:
- News updates and statistics
- Official guidelines and recommendations
- Practice management considerations
- Vaccination and treatment updates
- Informative and educational resources
- Opportunities to engage and connect with other practitioners
We will be providing regular updates on this page as they are available. Check back regularly for new information.