Ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and resources for integrative healthcare professionals
Latest News Updates and Statistics
The latest news updates from Integrative Practitioner include:
- CDC recommends mask indoors for vaccinated people in some regions. Click here to learn more.
- Healthcare orgs call for call for mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations. Click here to learn more.
- Acute kidney injury in severe COVID-19 similar to sepsis-associated issues, study finds. Click here to learn more.
- Researchers discover novel autoantibody, potential target for future COVID-19 therapies. Click here to learn more.
- Case letter explores fecal microbiota transplantation for COVID-19 infection. Click here to learn more.
- Patients with COVID-19 may experience self-inflicted lung injury. Click here to learn more.
- COVID-19 antibodies persist at least nine months after infection, study finds. Click here to learn more.
- FDA announces new warning for Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Click here to learn more.
- Pfizer develops booster strategy, officials say not yet needed. Click here to learn more.
- Study links COVID-19 pandemic to reduced access to gender-affirming care. Click here to learn more.
The total number confirmed cases as press time, according to the John’s Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center, is 196,377,558 with the largest number of cases coming from the following countries:
- 34,711,211 cases in the U.S.
- 31,528,114 cases in India
- 19,797,086 cases in Brazil
- 6,142,043 cases in France
- 6,138,958 cases in Russia
- 5,828,114 cases in United Kingdom
- 5,660,469 cases in Turkey
- 4,891,810 cases in Argentina
- 4,757,139 cases in Colombia
- 4,422,291 cases in Spain
- 4,336,906 cases in Italy
- 3,826,447 cases in Iran
- 3,772,221 cases in Germany
- 3,331,206 cases in Indonesia
- 2,882,630 cases in Poland
There are currently 628,173 deaths linked to COVID-19 in the U.S. and 29,605,192 have recovered. Additionally, 4,000,452,142 vaccination doses have been administered worldwide. Click here for the latest statistics provided by Johns Hopkins University.