Whitepaper: Calcium—A proven target in the war on Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease is practically a household word these days, as the number of individuals diagnosed with this debilitating condition continues to skyrocket. While effective treatments are in the developmental stages, many promising areas of scientific research are demonstrating that several different types of cellular pathways are involved in the death and destruction of critical brain cells. The role of a single yet powerful molecule, calcium, is now at the forefront of such research, as diverging lines of evidence point to the role of calcium in healthy and unhealthy brain cells.
This whitepaper covers:
- The reality of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in today’s world
- How calcium impacts brain cell function
- The link of calcium dysregulation to Alzheimer's disease
- The current treatments for Alzheimer’s disease
- Future directions involving calcium-binding proteins show promise
Thank you for downloading!