Optimizing the Gut Microbiome for Viral Immune Health
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic remains a focal point in the healthcare industry, patients are looking to their clinicians for strategies to modify their diet and lifestyle and improve immune defenses. Patients need support in managing chronic inflammation and conditions and addressing diet, physical activity, and lifestyle. Additionally, those who have experience COVID-19 infection can develop long-lasting inflammation, leading to autoimmune disease and long-hauler syndrome. By helping patients understand how to improve their immunity and reduce their risk for long-term health concerns, practitioners can give them the tools to enhance their ongoing health and wellbeing.
This webinar will discuss how to navigate viral infections and immune health, and share leading-edge protocols for improving patient outcomes. This webinar will cover inflammatory markers, protocols for calming systemic inflammation, optimizing the gut microbiome, and supporting mucosal immunity.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the influences of healthy microbiota on the susceptibility to viral infections
- Determine which lab tests are appropriate for status of the immune system
- Explain the importance of modifying personal lifestyle and dietary risk factors to reduce inflammation and improve immunity
- Discuss integrative and functional medicine protocols for immunity, including protocols for supporting mucosal immunity, calming systemic inflammation, and improving natural killer activity
- Recognize the possible rise in autoimmunity and increased inflammatory status following recovery from COVID-19 infection
Robert Silverman, DC, DACBN, DCBCN, MS, CCN, CNS, CSCS, CIISN, CKTP, CES, HKC, FAKTR
Robert Silverman is a chiropractic doctor, clinical nutritionist, international speaker, author of bestseller Inside-Out Health, and founder and CEO of Westchester Integrative Health Center. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic and has a master’s degree in human nutrition. The ACA Sports Council named Silverman Sports Chiropractor of the Year in 2015. Silverman is on the advisory board for the Functional Medicine University and is a seasoned health and wellness expert on both the speaking circuits and the media. A frequently published author in peer-reviewed journals and other mainstream publications, Silverman is a thought leader in his field and practice. Silverman was the principal investigator on a Level 1 laser U.S. Food and Drug Administration study. Silverman’s new book, Superhighway to Health, is expected to be published in June 2021.
Thank you for downloading!