Sleep in Patient Protocols: An Integrative Medicine Case Study
Many patients experience trouble sleeping, whether due to stress, illness, or other disruptions to normal routine. However, ongoing sleep problems and sleep disorders are becoming more widely recognized in healthcare and can significantly impact mood, energy, and overall health and wellbeing.
In this case study report, we review a sleep disorder patient and how he interacts with three specialists in sleep, mental health, and nutrition. Featuring expert perspectives from Catherine Darley, ND, Kristen Allott, ND, LAc, and Kate Garden, BSc(Hons), Dip ION, IFMCP, the authors walk the reader through integrative sleep protocol in practice.
Included in this resource:
- Patient information and case study
- Treatment plans addressing circadian disruption, gastrointestinal issues, family environment, and stress and mental health
- Care approaches including nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle recommendations
- Long-term goals and maintaining patient engagement
- Sample sleep intake questionnaire
- Several take-home ideas to implement in patient practice
Available as a PDF download only. All sales final/non-refundable.
Questions? Contact [email protected].