Orthomolecular Medicine Education and Resources
What is Orthomolecular medicine?
Orthomolecular medicine is the practice of restorating or maintaining health using substances that are normally present in the body. These substances include vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, amino acids, enzymes and other molecules naturally found in food. Orthomolecular medicine also considers factors that impact the amounts or function of these substances in the body, for example the environment, metabolism, and lifestyle.
Educational resources offered by the International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine include:
Online Courses and Webinars
Presented by highly experienced orthomolecular clinicians and researchers.
· Ascorbic Acid in the Treatment of Opioid Addiction
· Nutritional and Environmental Influences on Neurodevelopment
· Schizophrenia & Psychosis
· Biological Models for Suicide Prevention
· Nutrition in Primary Care: Updates and Controversies
Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine
The mission of the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine is to advance knowledge and improve the practice of orthomolecular medicine by presenting relevant and high-quality research, clinical studies and reports, as well as informative topic reviews and well-argued commentaries.
Mental Health Webpages
This resource is to provides information on potential causes and promoters of mental health issues that are related to nutrition, micronutrients, and metabolism. Understanding these factors can be an important and productive part of addressing and recovering from symptoms of mental health disorders.
Join us for the 51st Conference Online May 13–14 2022
Featuring presentations from leading orthomolecular clinicians and researchers. Topics include detoxification, immunology, pain medicine, and nutritional intervention.
• Paul E. Marik, MD | Integrating Nutrition within Critical Care Medicine
• Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH | Fatal and Nonfatal Cardiovascular Events after COVID-19 Vaccination
• Joseph Pizzorno, ND | Arsenic Exposure: Mitigation and Detoxification
• William Code, MD | Detoxification in the Restoration of Brain Health
• Aileen Burford-Mason, PhD | Candida, Diet and Health: A New Twist on an Old Controversy
• Linda Rapson, MD | Non-Pharmaceutical Pain Management with Acupuncture, Magnesium & Vitamin D
• Naoko Hitosugi, MD, PhD | The Efficacy of Multidisciplinary Approaches in the Management of Chronic Pain
• Caroline MacCallum, MD, BSc Pharm | Endocannabinoids for Pain, Sleep, and Deprescribing Opioids
• James M. Greenblatt, MD | Psychiatric Medication: Adverse Effects and Withdrawal Strategies
• Thomas Levy, MD, JD | Medico-Legal Strategies for Orthomolecular Treatments
For more information or to register: https://isom.ca/mental-health/