presented by Erin Lommen, ND
Is it the chicken or the egg- do you crave sugar because you need more sweetness in your life…or do you need more sweetness in your life because your cravings are out of control. Do you spend far more time social networking and checking email than intended? Did you know that video games stimulate endorphins just like certain addictive drugs and hence may be why our youth can play for hours uninterrupted? What sets up the pattern of cravings, habits of distraction and a lifestyle which is running amok? Why are so many people too busy to slow down and take better care of themselves? Chemical imbalances derail our patients’ best intentions.
In fact, many times cravings and behavior patterns ARE truly out of our control since they are dictated by substantive biochemical agents which are far more persuasive than one’s “resolve to do better”. Hence, many patients are trapped in a vicious cycle of trying health programs- and subsequently failing these programs over and over again. No wonder people feel demoralized and depressed about their progress and reticent at the thought of trying yet another “health binge”. First, the cravings need conquering. Set a strong foundation from which to succeed through neuroendocrine balancing; including estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, cortisol, insulin, serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. Learn how to assess the root causes of cravings and behaviors. Then become an expert in creating treatment protocols which cut cravings off at the pass, set a patient up for success and provide pathways to reaching and sustaining excellent health.
- Get an overview of cravings, addictions and common patterns of behavior
- Identify the hormones and neurotransmitters primarily involved in “cravings imbalances” and inability to make needed changes.
- Learn how and why these “craving” chemical imbalances occur.
- Obtain state-of-the-art assessment (Hormones, Neurotransmitter, Adrenal and other) strategies which identify imbalances and customize treatment plans.
- Obtain successful treatment protocols which utilize natural bio agents, nutrition and Bioidentical hormones.
Recorded: February 2014