presented by Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN and Grand Master Yang Yang
Specific nutrients such as B-vitamins, DHA, magnesium and others play a critical role in the synthesis and absorption of neurotransmitters that impact mind and mood. Emerging research suggests that nutritional modulation via diet and supplementation can improve mind and mood disorders, is especially important in the perinatal period. This recorded session will review several nutritional interventions for mind and mood including the use of food, supplements and movement.
Recorded: February 2014
1. Key micronutrients, their physiological function and gut-brain connection
2. Signs, symptoms and physical clues of nutritional deficits
3. “Science to plate” food & mood strategies
4. Bliss spot of micronutrient supplementation
5. QiGong practices to support nutritional therapies