The University of Kansas Health System is a nationally recognized leader in Integrative Medicine. We are currently seeking a physician with passion for wellness and lifestyle medicine to provide leadership in Wellness Services and Integrative Medicine. The selected individual will serve as Director of the Department of Integrative Medicine and as Medical Director of Wellness Services, designing, implementing and developing wellness services in the Health System.
The Integrative Medicine Department is well established and nationally recognized. Jeanne Drisko, MD, founded the practice in 1998 and since then has formed a multidisciplinary healthcare team trained in integrative and functional medicine. The department’s fellowship program will train two fellows in academic year 2017.
Wellness Services is a new directive expanding the footprint of Integrative Medicine in support of wellness across our large health system which includes clinical, academic and research activities. The Medical Director will provide leadership, management and supervision while developing and implementing evidence-based strategies and programs that advocate for wellness and support a high quality of life.
• MD or DO
• Board certified or eligible in primary care
• Board certified or eligible in Integrative Medicine
• Fellowship trained in Integrative Medicine with special emphasis on wellness
• 5-10 years experience in Integrative Medicine
• Experience in Functional and/or Lifestyle Medicine
• Experience in academic medicine teaching and mentoring medical students, residents and fellows
• Experience in health/wellness program development
• Proficiency in community needs assessment
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience as a medical director and/or division chief
This position offers generous compensation and full benefits package, including a robust retirement program, advanced practice technology, including Electronic Medical Records, and a positive work-life balance.
For more information visit http://www.kumc.edu/school-of-medicine/integrative-medicine.html
Candidates with interest may submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org