August 2012 John Weeks Integrator Round-up on Media
Brief review of various media from Google Alerts
- A Washington Post article on July 31, 2012 was More than a luxury: massage offers physical and mental benefits painted a very positive picture of massage’s value.
- Massage magazine posted information on the positive view of osteopathic medical students on CAM and massage.
- The San Francisco Business Times reports July 27, 2012 that, FoundHealth, a social media firm is projecting $15-million in revenues by 2015 has raised $225,000 from unknown angel investors.
- CBS Miami ran a positive brief on sound healing with the use of a didgeridoo.
- According to the Martinsville Bulletin on July 24, 2012, the donor has contributed a building in Martinsville, Virginia to establish the Integrative Centers for Science and Medicine as a new medical school. It’s future appears uncertain.
- Integrative oncology consultant and Integrator adviser Glenn Sabin posted va piece on the Affordable Care Act and integrative medicine.
- The US Army’s Integrative Cardiac Health program at Walter Reed is featured in this US military news article.
- A Vancouver Sun piece explored the deep roots of Canadian integrative oncology leader Roger Rogers, MD, tracing them back to author-practitioner and natural health pioneer Frank McCoy, MD. The $250,000 Dr. Rogers Prize was named after Rogers.
A Stars and Stripes feature explores the value in complementary care for veterans and returning soldiers with PTSD.