presented by Hal Blatman, MD, DAAPM, ABIHM
This recorded discussion focuses on the science of food-based inflammation to help us understand the most important and relevant changes our patients need to make for pain relief. A successful plan can be explained as a matter of three basic rules that our patients can learn to live by. Pain is one of the most common reasons for seeking medical care. Searching for relief of pain drives the businesses of OTC remedies and practitioners of many disciplines. It also drives people to take dangerous levels of opiate and antianxiety medications and complain that the medicines are not potent enough. The systemic and pain causing effects of inflammatory foods are often overlooked and not well understood. Patients with chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and a myriad of pain conditions are much more dramatically affected by nutrition than most of us appreciate.
Recorded: February 2016
- Describe how food choices affect inflammation and pain.
- Review the science of food and inflammation.
- Review the toxicity of some common ingredients.
- Discuss nutrition rules that complement treatment for pain.
- Discuss how food choices change efficacy of pain medications.