This year’s 16th International Symposium on Functional Medicine is titled “Integrating New Approaches for the Evaluation and Treatment of Mood Disorders” and will be held May 27-30, 2009. Earn up to 17.5 CME credits.
The 16th International Symposium on Functional Medicine will help you achieve better clinical outcomes with your patients with mood disorders. How?
1. We will be shining the light brightly on the underlying antecedents and triggers of mood disorders. You will come away with a better recognition of the many influences that have given rise to an epidemic of mood disorders that plague your patients and challenge your clinical skills. You will be better prepared to assess for key underlying causes and contributing factors associated with mood disorders and to evaluate laboratory tests that may help understand underlying causes such as organic acids, amino acids, toxic metals, gluten, adrenal, thyroid, and nutritional status.
2. Our inaugural Functional Medicine Grand Rounds: An In-Depth Day of Cases and Discussions with the Experts will provide you many opportunities to participate in sessions that focus on assessment and treatment through the lens of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model for:
• Dysthymia and Depression
• Postpartum Depression, Perimenopause, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
• Urinary Neurotransmitters: Point/Counterpoint
• Sleep Disorders: This session chosen by you and your colleagues
3. World-renowned researchers and clinicians will help us examine the interaction of genes, diet, and environment and their impact on brain chemistry and functionality.
To register for this event visit The Institute for Functional Medicine – 16th International Symposium or call Sue or Debbie at 800-228-0622 or 253-853-4724.